Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 4 - Musings

Back in 2010 when I did the 500 mile walking challenge with MOMYS, I had wanted to be more active, but losing weight was not really on my mind.  But by June 2010, friends were commenting on how good I looked and about my weight loss.  I was feeling great and quite happy about the extra bonus of losing weight.  I didn't really have to work hard at it either. I probably lost about 25 pounds that year.

Now this year 2012, losing weight is something I really want.  I find my thoughts heading there all the time and I'm hoping it is going to be easy and not much work. *sigh*  I'm older and it will be work...

So the reason for me sharing...  I don't want my weight to be my focus, but I want to be making good eating choices and staying active.  It is easy for me, especially in the winter is to stay indoors and keep busy in the house. Now that we have animals I am out milking and carrying hay bales around and it is good work, but I need to walk too.  It has been hard to get the walking in! 

Anyway, just musing out loud here...

I will keep pressing on...

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, I know that *I* felt really good with the walking. I'm making that my priority this year as well. Sure, I WANT to lose weight... but I really want to focus on HEALTH. Sure, I could starve myself and drop weight very quickly- but that would not be a good thing. I keep reminding myself that it took me 10 years (with pregnancy/breastfeeding) to gain my weight, and while I know it won't take that long to lose it... I know that it WILL come off. And for me- walking really helped me trim my waistline especially when I did it.

    So... anyway... what I was saying is "Good for You!" Two miles a day can be attained in less than 30 minutes. You just need to figure out a consistent time every day that you can get that in and stick with it. (Of course, sometimes figuring out WHEN that time will be is the hardest thing of all!!!) I KNOW you can do it!

    ReplyDelete