Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Week 3

WEIGHT this morning was 167.8lb, last week was 171.8lb.  That is 4 pounds, but I was sick over the weekend, so not sure how much I can count...  I'll see what next week numbers show...

My starting out weight was 174.2, so I've lost 6.4 pounds total!

Like I mention I was sick all weekend.  Friday night I came down with mastitis. This was a FIRST time ever and I hope it's the LAST time ever.  OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!!  I was in tears Friday night from the pain and I also had chills and a fever.  I was feeling terrible.  Saturday, I felt somewhat better, but still not good and yesterday I felt a bit better still and today fever is gone and I felt pretty much bad to normal.  I was still sore and hard in the infected area, but now even that is not as bad. Much better this evening!!  Praise the Lord!!

So I spent the weekend in bed, not how I planned the weekend, but it is what the Lord gave me. 

This week, I don't really have any goals, but to get completely well.  Dh and I both agreed I need to take the week off walking, I need to get better and have no relapses.  I'll get behind, but hopefully I'll catch up over the next few weeks.

I will use some of my resting time to catch up on my Bible reading, I got behind while I was sick, I felt so awful, I couldn't even concentrate to read on anything.  

I hope you ladies have a great week.  The Lord is keeping me humble, that is for sure.  I'm thankful and will praise HIM for it.

4 comments:

  1. You are wise to take this week to rest. I hope that mastitis clears and doesn't come back again. I deal with recurring mastitis when I'm nursing and it's miserable. Enjoy your time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely wise to REST.That is one of the most important things for mastitis!

    Thats a great weight loss!Hopefully it stays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, I am SO sorry about the mastitis. I used to get that a LOT.(I've had it over 6 times...) Then I had a nurse who told me this... "Fluids, Rest, and an Empty, Br**st." She said those three things are THE MOST BENEFICIAL thing to keeping away the mastitis infections. I don't know if it would help you... but since putting that to practice in my life... I haven't had a SINGLE infection.

    They are so awful!!! And I truly am sorry you ended up with one. Taking the week to allow your body to rest is a GOOD idea. Keep making healthy choices in food!

    And GREAT job on the weight loss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What BrandyLynn suggested is what my sister's midwife told her. I hope you ENJOY your week to rest and read. And WAY TO GO on the weight loss! :)

    ReplyDelete