Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday Evening

I don't have much time to update, but I walked 2 miles today.  Keeping away from sweets and I have been feeling great.  :D

This evening I was on the treadmill, I had sent the girls out to check on our cow and I was almost done 1km when my son came down to tell me the cow had had her calf.  So I stopped and had to go out and make sure all was well with mam and calf.   This is her second calf and she didn't treat her first calf very well.  Anyway, I milked her and we gave the calf a bottle.  Will be checking on her again trhough the night and this means we are back to milking.  I don't mind, I'm a farm girl.  :)

Came back from the barn and hopped back on the treadmill to finish my two miles...  :)  

I Must go!!




2 comments:

  1. Great job! I can relate about the milking.I can't WAIT to be back to milking although *I* do not have to do the milking anymore! lol I put my "time" in and now the milking chore will just get passed on from child to child lol.

    I am SO tired of buying milk/butter/eggs!We spend $150.00 a month on JUST those things.Can't wait for on of our cows to freshen!

    Anyhow,great job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete