Monday, January 9, 2012

Walking in Humility

Hubby and I were at church last night listening to a introduction to a parenting study we are going to be joining for the next number of weeks.  One of the things that struck me was to walk in humility.  I right away thought back to this new blog and decided I really wanted to change the name and have it REFLECT something spiritual as well.  I realized I have goals for this new year and I WANT to remember that it will be only through our Lord Jesus that I can keep to these goals and not of myself.  Also at the end of the year, I don't want to look back and think it was all about me and what I can do, but to thank the Lord Jesus for giving me strength to do this and for succeeding in this.  Walking in humility is now the blog title and each time I see it, I'll be reminded that this is not about me, but about HIM.

To be honest, I was feeling like I'm on the top of the world and without struggle much I was going to do my walking and lose weight, but you know that is all wrong!  Yes, back in 2010, I walked did 500 miles for the first time and lost weight without really trying.  I felt great and thought wow, I can do this.  2011 came along and started out good, but then I became pregnant, I was thrilled mind you, I still kept the goal of walking 500 miles while pregnant or at least aiming to reach 400 before baby arrived, but God had other plans and I had to stop walking and then I just never got back into it.  By the time my second trimester came along and the bleeding had stopped,  we were preparing for my dad to have open heart surgery and  I was milking a cow morning and evening and I also had our large garden to attend too, So my goal of walking went out the window, I just could not do everything! All my time and mostly ENERGY was used up.

Right now, we are waiting for our cow to freshen, so at the moment I don't have milking to do, but once she freshens, I'll be milking every evening along with my daughter and my dad will do the morning milking.  He recovered very nicely from his surgery, praise God.  My SPARE time is limited, but if I use it wisely, I know that I can do it. 

So this brings me to this year, I don't know what 2012 holds for me, but with Him, I'm going to walk in humility and He is going to get all the credit, not me.

As for the "old" name, hubby and I were trying to think of something that used the letter WXY  (didn't even try Z, I just didn't think I could come up with something)  LOL  because my first blog uses the letters ABC (A Beautiful Calling), so that is how we came up with that name.  It was fun, but this is much better!

I'm happy and encouraged to have you join me on this journey.


5 comments:

  1. I like it!! It really does put a lot into perspective just to read that title and be reminded of who we are and who HE is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so beautiful!!! I'm so excited to watch what this year holds for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, what a beautiful post. I was struck with the thought that when we walk humbly with our God, we truly do not know what the results may be, but we can always trust they will be what is BEST for us. Now, everytime I come to your blog I will also be reminded to stay focused on walking in humility and leave the results in His hands. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you friends! I'm happy to be a blessing and you have all been such a blessing to me already! :)

    Let us walk in humility and our God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya, what a beautiful blog name for a beautiful purpose and reminder. Your last couple of years sound much like mine... from the walking and weight loss in 2010, to the pregnancy and abandonment of the program in 2011 due to complications, to a new start in 2012.

    I am THRILLED to be on this journey with you... and with the commitment of so many of us to keep this the LORD's work... it'll be neat to see growth and Him getting the Glory!

    Praise be to HIM!

    ReplyDelete