Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Evening - Week 4

I was able to get in my two miles today.  So my week's total is 10 miles.  I made good choices on eating and I will see what the scales show on Monday morning.  :)

Another week is just about ended.  Tomorrow is my day off, then a new week starts!  I feel good about this week.

Yesterday while I was on the treadmill, I was reading my daily Bible reading for the day.  I'm in Exodus now and I was reading chapter 33.  I'll be honest some of the reading in Exodus was a little dry, not all but a couple of chapters were.  Anyway, what stood out to me was how awesome and amazing it was that Moses could talk to the Lord face to face.

"So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend". Exodus 33:11a

A little later in the chapter, it says Moses was not allowed to see the LORD'S face and the Lord covered him with His hand when he passed by, but he was able to see the LORD'S back.  To be in the LORD'S presence... wow....  What a special privilege!

Then Moses said to the Lord, “See, You say to me, ‘Bring up this people.’ But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.’  Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.”
And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
 Then he said to Him, “If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.  For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.”
 So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.”
 And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.”
 Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”  But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”  And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock.  So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by.  Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.” 
Exodus 34:12-23

Today we are not blessed in being able to speak to the Lord face to face like Moses did or even see His presence, but the Lord does use many ways to speak to us and show us His great love.  The wonderful thing is that we can still have a close relationship with our Lord.  We also have the blood of Jesus, the gift of eternal life and the promise of being face to face and living with our Lord Jesus one day.  

Getting back into GOD'S WORD has been a blessing to me.  I've been reminded on how much the Lord loves us and after the fall of Adam and Eve, He gave us the plan of redemption, so that we could ONE day be with HIM FOREVER.  Just had to share my musings I had while on the treadmill yesterday.  Our Lord is so GOOD.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! Tanya. I appreciated your thoughts. We just finished with Leviticus... if you want to talk "dry". LOL! However, the Lord has shown me so many truths in that book. We aren't tied in with the Old Covenant Law, but with His NEW Covenant. That doesn't mean the law is to be ignored, but WOW... the Lord had a plan and He pointed His people to that plan from the beginning... it's amazing!

    Great job on the exercise this week. I know how good it feels to get that done... especially since you were struggling to figure out time to get it in. :) You have encouraged me today and my tail feathers are lit. :) (Let's just hope I move fast enough so they don't burn me!) *wink*

    Keep up the good... no- keep up the GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your walking! We were JUST going through that portion of scripture together and I too was so blessed and encouraged by it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete