Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Back!

Ok, I'm once again on a mission to lose some weight and get back into shape. 

Starting out weight - 167.8lb (October 26/15
Goal weight  - 152lb - 154lb

Starting this week I'm eating more along the lines of Trim Healthy Mama.  I'm not a purist and I will have cheats, but I did this once before  and I lost all my undesired weight.   I really need to add in exercise too, but I'll be taking this one step at a time.  I then got pregnant and had a harder time staying on plan, so I was on and off that whole pregnancy.  :)  Still I did have a smaller baby, so I know what I did helped!  An 8 pounder instead of an almost 10 pounder like our previous 3 babies.  ;) and I did feel so much better when eating more like THM. 

I've been seeing how I love to turn to food (usually sweets) when feeling stressed, overwhelmed or just wanting to "escape".  All that is not good!  I should not be turning to food, but to the Lord in those times.  In the past year or so I've read Made to Crave (read most of it anyways) and Hunger for God (I was really blessed by this book) and I desire to be hungry for Him and not earthly things.  Turn to Him when I feel empty and not look to be filled by what is around me.

Anyways, this is a beginning and I'm looking forward to seeing how the Lord works in my life during this time.  I think I may add in my Bible reading as well.  This is something I'm struggling in getting in faithfully everyday.  I feel I have no time and yet I'll have time to check Facebook, Pinterest or email etc... during the day, so I know I have a few spare moments and I'm going to have to really focus and MAKE my quiet time with the Lord a priority.

So here goes another journey walking humbly in the Lord and following His leading.  

Just a small update from me....

Since my last post in 2012, we have been blessed with another precious boy who will be one next week.  So I'm a busy mama to 8 children ages ranging from 17- to almost 1. (3 girls and 5 boys)  I love living on our little homestead and we have enjoyed having our own goats, raising chickens and growing a large garden.   I am a country loving wife and mama.  :D

1 comment:

  1. I really understand where you are coming from regarding stress coping skills and using food wrongly to deal with life. I'm glad to know reading Hunger for God was a blessing to you. I need to finish that book!

    ReplyDelete