Friday, June 1, 2012

How do you find the Time

How/where do you find the time to exercise??  I've been NOT walking lately and just feeling a bit depressed about the whole thing, I guess.  I wanted to walk 500 miles this year and I'm way behind and right now have zero desire to even try and catch up, although while typing that, I felt a tiny spark of courage to actually try to do that!  LOL

So my question is where do you find the time and when do you try to exercise as in waht time of the day??

Ok, I had better go and check my waffles!!

Be right back!!  :)

Ok, waffles are looking good, have a couple seconds before I make the next one.  Hee hee

I was getting up before 7am and walking, but that hasn't been happening the last few weeks, my alarms goes off and I don't get up.

I need to do it in the morning before breakfast, because after breakfast, my mornings are then filled with school, dish washing, school checking and lunch making, plus I try to squeeze in a couple loads of laundry and hung out on the line.  :)  Afternoons are more free for gardening, sewing and that sort of thing.  We won't be able to take school off completely this summer, that is a whole other story.  So once summer is here, we will do gardening and outside work in the morning and school doing the hot part of the day.  That is my plan anyways.

So my days feel full and I don't know when/how to fit in exercising.  So please share what works for you.  I know I should just get up early, but that is hard.....

So, I'm all ears.....  :)

Ok, back to my waffle making....  P.s the children are thrilled to be having waffles for supper!!  :)

Another p.s I've been keeping up with my Bible reading.  it has been good!  I'm in 2 Chronicles in the old Testament and in the Gospel of John in the New Testament.  It has been good and a blessing.  Some of Chronicles was dry, but it is all recorded for a purpose.  :)

Ok, I'm done rambling for now!  No time to proof read, so I hope this all makes sense!!  LOL 

Tanya  thinks she should buy another waffle maker, takes to long to make a batch of waffles for a large family with just one waffle maker.  LOL  :)

5 comments:

  1. I agree about getting another waffle maker! ONE just takes forever! lol

    Time for exercise? I make it a priority.It is WAY up high on the top of my list of priorities.I would rather get less laundry/dishes done than not exercise.I need to take care of my health in order to continue being able to take care of my family!That is how I look at it.....

    How are you feeling this Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! We have TWO round deep belgian waffle makers, that each make two. (You fill one side and flip the other one over... ) They cook PERFECTLY. So I make 4 large ones at a time, and I was just telling my dh that I would love to have a third one so *I* could eat with the family! LOL! I guess it's sort of like me having 3 crockpots and sometimes thinking THAT is not enough! I COMPLETELY understand though, Tanya.

    You asked about workouts... Well, when I wasn't a disable gimp... (and I WILL get back to this schedule again)... I had been getting up with DH when he goes to work. He leaves around 6:15am. My children don't get out of bed until 7:30 usually. So, I had an hour there. Then, I would exercise when the little ones were napping in the afternoon if I needed more time. (The "bigger children"- would have their reading time for school during that time... readers, read... and non-readers, look at picture books and "make up" stories.) This way, I accomplished three things at once. (Exercise, Reading for School, and Little ones Naps!) That's how it worked for ME... I moved part of their schooling to that time instead of having it ALL finished in the mornings. It gave more time for chores in the mornings, which freed us up later in the day.

    If you *REALLY* want to do it, YOU know that you can figure it out. Like I tell my husband and children... you can always find yourself busy, but if it's something that is truly important to you, you'll find the time for that, too.

    I guess I'd suggest prioritizing and seeing what things in your life are absolutely necessary, and what you are willing to accept "less" from.

    NONE of this was spoken with criticism, by the way... but encouragement. :) We've *ALL* been there, and I KNOW what it feels like to lack the motivation or encouragement.

    I do think it's GREAT you have kept up your Bible reading. In the grand scheme of things... I believe that is WAY more important than exercise, and I would NOT give that up! (I don't think you would either.) If it came to a choice between a richer relationship with my Lord or a body that was in perfect condition... you know what I think we'd ALL choose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I feel you! I have to keep on keeping on because it does such good things for my mental health. And I use a treadmill, so I really look forward to it because it's my TV time (a treat!). But, it seems when I get the exercise going I lose some other aspect of life... my house gets dirtier, I am writing less. All because I'm using precious naptime/quiet time for exercise. (I require a lot of sleep, so getting up before the kids doesn't work well for me.) Find out what works for you. What makes it fun and what makes you look forward to it (most of the time-ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blogs:) I just wanted to stop by and say hi, it has been a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was checking back on my old homeschoolblogger site and remembered your blog. I checked it out and I'm so impressed with your new blogging adventures! I see you've added a few children since I last checked in! We have 6 children now! I am on a new adventure in blogging, homeschooling high schoolers, and taking up RUNNING! I'd love for you to visit me over at www.dirigochristianhomeschool.blogspot.com and I will be following your adventures too!

    ReplyDelete